• McKinsey US study on port and shipping. “Thanks to rate reductions by ocean-freight providers, North American shippers enjoyed about $23 billion in savings from 2010 to 2015. Despite this, they aren’t happy; the service they receive frustrates them. “: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6402815892207464448
o Excellent Jensen analysis: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hiccups-maersk-engine-lars-jensen
• “Belling the cat“ – a nice parable that fits our industry:
• This could not have worked out. Maersk not getting support from their peers for its blockchain initiative. And what would be the business model for that Maersk/IBM venture anyway?:
• Expensive accident, Maersk Honam: http://gcaptain.com/shippers-with-cargo-on-maersk-honam-face-hefty-bill-to-get-it-released/
• Interesting trial electronic certificate of origin trials in Singapore: https://www.porttechnology.org/news/singapore_reveals_blockchain_based_eco_for_global_trade
/shared by Dennis de Ruiter – Sea and Shore Services b. v.